School Development Plan
Each year the Governors in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team write a School Development Plan (SDP) following self-evaluation.
At Mary Elton our SDP is related to the 6 School Development Priorities noted below.
Mary Elton School Development Priorities
- Every child is kept safe and nurtured to aspire and achieve his or her best, with consideration for others to do the same
- Continuous improvement at every level through a broad and balanced curriculum, achieving and then exceeding national standards
- All staff and volunteers are supported and developed to make a strong contribution to school improvement and achieve personal growth
- A safe, well-maintained and welcoming environment that stimulates learning in and around the school
- Strong and coherent leadership with shared goals achieved through transparent governance and management
- The school plays a full part in the local community, seeking partnerships and encouraging engagement and good citizenship
School Development Plan Summary
Whole School Ofsted Priorities
The school has been asked to further improve (Ofsted January 2012)
- In order to further raise all pupils’ attainment and increase their progress: ensure that there is always a good challenge in the work given to the more able pupils, particularly in mathematics.
- Ensure that all subject leaders monitor and evaluate the achievement of pupils throughout the school and plan the actions needed to increase achievement wherever necessary